Monday, June 30, 2008

BIG DEAL!!

My 13 year old gently put his hand on my shoulder this afternoon and said, "Mom, no offense, but I think you're making a big deal out of this television show. It's just a jacket."

Just a jacket, he says. lol Must I explain to him all the hard work and effort that not only went into designing and making this "just a jacket", but all the time, effort, sweat, tears, and money that went into promoting myself and talents enough to gain the interest of a celebrity to even want to wear one of my designs and promote me on TV too? Boy oh boy.

I know, he's young and someday he'll realize what sort of an achievement this is for his old mother, however, I will confess, I am the type of person who thinks a beautiful sunset, a rainbow, or pretty daisies that mysteriously pop up in our yard in places you would think nothing could ever grow, excite me. I am one of those mothers who is ecstatic when their child hits the baseball or makes a great play during a game. Or when someone does something so simple just to show they were thinking of me. Yup, I do tend to make a big deal out of the littlest of things, and maybe because I have had to endure so many trials and tribulations in my life that the small things seem like the most incredible gifts from The Creator.

So YES, I will make a big deal of my latest accomplishment (see blog entry below), and even a bigger deal when I'm someday sitting on the Oprah show talking about my fashions. lol


No comments: